Video of Coast Guard Flood Rescue Near Kindred
In this video released by the U.S. Coast Guard, federal, state and local agencies offer assistance to a couple and their three dogs trapped by Red River flood waters near Kindred, N.D., Saturday April 18, 2009.
High resolution video is available at the following link: Coast Guard Rescue near Kindred N.D.
Coast Guard aircrews and boatcrews have conducted several patrols of flood-affected areas along the Sheyenne, Red, and James rivers since Monday, April 16, 2009, including the rescue of two women near Lisbon, N.D. on Tuesday, April 14, 2009.
Current Coast Guard units assisting city, state and other federal resources are:
- A Disaster Assistance Response Team from Marine Safety Detatchment St. Paul, Minn.
- A DART from MSD Quad Cities in Rock Island, Ill.
- An MH-65C rescue helicopter and crew from Air Station New Orleans.
- An HH-65C rescue helicopter and crew from Air Station Traverse City, Mich.
- An HH-65C rescue helicopter from Traverse City, Mich.
- An HH-65C rescue helicopter from Air Station Detroit, Mich.
- An airboat from Station Sault Sainte Marie, Mich.
- An airboat from Station Saginaw, Mich.
- An airboat from Station Marblehead, Ohio.
- An airboat from Station Sturgeon Bay, Wis.
- A smallboat from the Coast Guard Cutter Scioto.
- A smallboat from the Coast Guard Cutter Sangamon.
Table of contents for North Dakota Flooding 2009
- North Dakota Guard in Flood Fight
- 800 Guardsmen to Fight Flood in E North Dakota
- North Dakota Guard Joins Flood Relief
- Coast Guard Aids in North Dakota Flooding
- ND Guard Uses Iraqi War Skills to Fight Flood
- Sandbagging to Save Fargo
- Guard Working in Midwest Floods
- Current North Dakota Flood News
- Rescuing Rose – ND Guard Good News
- Morning News for Fargo Flooding
- Coast Guard Rescues in North Dakota
- Military Assistance to North Dakota Flooding
- Civil Air Patrol in Skies Over ND Flooding
- North Dakota Flood Operations Continues
- National Guard Defends Pembina From Flood
- Sheyenne River Nearing Crest in North Dakota
- HESCO Barriers – a Photo Primer
- Video of Coast Guard Flood Rescue Near Kindred
- Reinforcing the Cottonwood Creek Dam at Lake LaMoure
- Fighting the Flood in Southeast North Dakota
- Guardsmen Returning to Hometowns for Duty
- North Dakota Guard in Action During Flooding
- North Dakota Flooding Update: Cottonwood Creek Dam at Lake LaMoure
- A View From a Soldier Serving in LaMoure
This entry was posted on Monday, April 20th, 2009 at 11:00 am and is filed under Disasters, Military. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.