More at the link:
The management mistakes that a larger business may survive will ruin a small business. A larger business often has resources or access to resources that a small business does not. Avoiding common management mistakes may mean the difference between success and failure in a small business.
Governmental regulations are the first pitfall for small business managers.
Short of cash or short of time, it is very tempting to put off complying with the burdens imposed by governments at all levels. It may be something as simple as a city certificate of occupancy for your rental property or remitting withheld payroll taxes to the IRS. The temptation to postpone paperwork or payment may be overwhelming but the penalty is far more so. The government will come in and shut down the business, and the company may not be able to survive that.
Table of contents for Business / Office Services
- Business Services – An Educational Series
- Business Services – People
- Business Services – Banking and Finance
- Blurring the Office-Home Boundary
- AIG at the Resort: It Was a Good Idea in the Boardroom
- Selecting a Good Copier/Printer for Office Use
- Business and the Business Office
- Small businesses have little margin for error
- Dealing with the death of an employee