The General cited the New York Army National Guard for providing a battalion of troops, the 2nd of the 108th, as the Army ground force. He also pointed out that a platoon of Strykers from the 2nd of the 23rd in Ft. Lewis, Washington, were also involved. There is also an A Team of Special Forces troops deployed to train the Thais.
- Don’t cancel the Rio Olympics because of Zika May 13, 2016
- Risks from Wildfire Smoke Exist May 7, 2016
- Is Zika coming to New York City? April 2, 2016
- Zika Is Coming: Establishing Base Levels of Microcephaly in the US and the Gulf Coast States March 25, 2016
- Brazil continues to reject microcephaly reports March 22, 2016