Swine Flu – Novel H1N1 Weekend Summary May 23 2009
Here is the weekend summary of swine flu / novel H1N1 cases around the globe. Because of various reporting deadlines the numbers may not appear the same on all reports. In addition, many of the states and Federal agencies in the United States have reduced or eliminated regular reporting.
WHO for May 23, 2009: 12,022 cases and 86 deaths in 43 countries.
Nicaragua, Venezuela and Bolivia have not reported any cases of swine flu. Is it true, or are their politics keeping them from reporting?
Canada as of May 22, 2009: 805 cases in 9 provinces and 1 territory, with 1 death. The median age of the cases is 21, meaning that half of the cases are age 21 or younger.
Department of Defense as of May 20, 2009: Reporting once a week now. 294 total cases. All cases are included in the counts by state health agencies and the CDC. Largest new outbreak is at Fort Riley, Kansas with 13 cases since the last DoD report.
CDC Report as of May 22, 2009: 6,552 cases and 9 deaths. CDC numbers continue to vary from state website numbers in some cases. It is not just reporting times differ. It appears that CDC is not pursuing updates from states as there have been occasions that CDC number has remained the same for several days despite state site changes.
Swine flu cases by city/metro area: Milwaukee=706, Chicago=668, Seattle=499, Phoenix=261, NYC and nearby counties=323.
Swine flu cases in Update NY counties: Erie=17 Buffalo area, Onondaga=11 Syracuse area.
Texas exploding with swine flu cases. Only rpting twice a week. 1,359 cases as of today. Rio Grande counties Cameron + Hildalgo=381 cases Milwaukee +194 cases in 4 days, Chicago +155, Seattle +132.
Florida is no longer reporting swine flu numbers on their site. Louisiana’s numbers make little sense. CO and SC counts difficult to locate on website.
Table of contents for Swine flu outbreak 2009
- Swine Flu Outbreak
- WHO Press Release on Swine Flu
- New Swine Flu Cases in Kansas
- Swine Flu Update – 04-26-2009
- Canada Has 6 Cases of Swine Flu
- CDC Briefing on Swine Flu for 4-26-2009
- Swine Flu Update: Early Morning 4-27-2009
- Swine Flu Found in Scotland
- WHO Declares Stage 4 Influenza Pandemic Alert
- New Swine Flu Cases in California
- Swine Flu Report – Early Morning 4-28-2009
- Military Flu Screening IDs Texas Swine Flu Cases
- Swine Flu – Midday 4-28-2009
- Swine Flu – Morning Update 4-29-2009
- 91 Swine Flu Cases in US
- Worldwide Swine Flu Cases from WHO 4-29-2009
- Suspected H1N1 Flu Case Reported at California Marine Base
- Swine Flu Pandemic Alert Level Raised to 5
- WHO Raises Pandemic Alert Level to 5
- Swine Flu Update – Early Morning 4-30-2009
- Swine Flu Involving Marines in California
- Swine Flu Cases in the U.S. 4-30-2009
- Swine Flu Cases in the United States May 2, 2009
- WHO Count of Swine Flu Cases
- U.S. Swine Flu Cases for May 1, 2009
- Mexican Swine Flu Testing Catching Up
- Worldwide Swine Flu Update 5-3-2009
- Swine Flu Update for the United States 5-03-2009
- Swine Flu in Texas
- Swine Flu in California
- Worlwide Swine Flu Update for May 4, 2009
- Worlwide Swine Flu Update for May 5, 2009
- Swine Flu Update for the United States May 6 2009
- Illinois Swine Flu Case Count Leaps
- US Swine Flu Case Count Up 45% May 5, 2009
- Swine Flu H1N1 Update for May 7, 2009
- United States Swine Flu – H1N1 Update for May 9 2009
- Worldwide Swine Flu Update for Early Morning May 11 2009
- United States Swine Flu H1N1 Update May 11 2009
- Swine Flu – H1N1 Update for May 13, 2009
- United States Swine Flu – H1N1 Update May 14 2009
- Swine Flu – H1N1 Update for the United States May 15 2009
- Colds and Influenza
- Swine Flu – H1N1 Update for the United States May 18 2009
- Swine Flu – H1N1 World Report May 19 2009
- Swine Flu – H1N1 in New York May 19 2009
- Swine Flu – Novel H1N1 Update for the United States May 20 2009
- Swine Flu – Novel H1N1 Weekend Summary May 23 2009
- Warning About Swine Flu – H1N1 May 23 2009
- Agencies Hide Swine Flu Cases
- Lost Swine Flu – H1N1 Cases in the United States
- Lost Swine Flu Cases for May 28 2009
- Novel H1N1 or Swine Flu Cases in the United States May 29 2009
- Swine Flu Weekend Update – United States May 30 2009
- Swine Flu or H1N1 in the United States – June 1 2009
- World Swine Flu – Novel H1N1 Cases for June 3 2009
- Swine Flu or H1N1 in the United States for June 3 2009
- World Swine Flu or H1N1 Cases June 5 2009
- Swine Flu or Novel H1N1 Cases in the United States June 5 2009
- Is Swine Flu or Novel H1N1 in Decline in the U.S.?
- New Orleans Mayor Nagin Quarantined In China
- Swine Flu or Novel H1N1 in the United States June 8 2009
- Why Public Health Agencies Lack Funds to Fight Swine Flu
- Pandemic Flu Announcement to Come on Wednesday
- Swine Flu or Novel H1N1 in the United States June 10 2009
- Pandemic! Swine Flu or Novel H1N1 Official Pandemic as of 6 pm GMT
- Swine Flu Parties
- How to prevent catching Swine Flu
This entry was posted on Saturday, May 23rd, 2009 at 1:03 pm and is filed under Americas North Shore, Original writing, Analysis, Medicine, Influenza, Medicine, Original writing, Medicine, Pandemic, Original writing, Reporting, Medicine, Swine Flu. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.