Sheyenne River Nearing Crest in North Dakota
The tributaries to the Red River are beginning to crest. The Sheyenne wanders through eastern North Dakota, until it finally enters the Red River just north of Fargo.
Sandbaggers Needed – Valley News Live
By Matt Bradley
Volunteer sandbaggers are asked to report to the Winter Shows building in Valley City, North Dakota from 9am to 9pm Saturday [April 11, 2009]. The Sheyenne River is expected to go about 2 1/2 feet above record flood stage this week.
In Lisbon, North Dakota, the Sheyenne is expected to reach nearly four feet above record stage this week. Sandbag volunteers are asked to report to the Ransom County Fairgrounds.
A volunteer sandbagging effort is underway beginning at 9:30 Saturday morning in Briarwood, south of Fargo, where they’re preparing for the second crest of the Red River.
North Dakota Veterans Home Evacuated – Valley News Live
By Matt Bradley
Beginning today, 36 residents of the North Dakota Veterans Home in Lisbon will be evacuated, and taken to a nursing home in Wahpeton. On Tuesday, the evacuation will continue, with 52 residents being taken to a new assisted living center in Valley City.
Administrator Mark Johnson says other arrangements are being made for the remainder of residents. There are about 120 in all. Some have already made plans to stay with family members as they wait out the flood.
Johnson says the Veterans Home itself is not in danger as the Sheyenne River rises to a likely record this week. He says this is a precautionary measure.
Table of contents for North Dakota Flooding 2009
- North Dakota Guard in Flood Fight
- 800 Guardsmen to Fight Flood in E North Dakota
- North Dakota Guard Joins Flood Relief
- Coast Guard Aids in North Dakota Flooding
- ND Guard Uses Iraqi War Skills to Fight Flood
- Sandbagging to Save Fargo
- Guard Working in Midwest Floods
- Current North Dakota Flood News
- Rescuing Rose – ND Guard Good News
- Morning News for Fargo Flooding
- Coast Guard Rescues in North Dakota
- Military Assistance to North Dakota Flooding
- Civil Air Patrol in Skies Over ND Flooding
- North Dakota Flood Operations Continues
- National Guard Defends Pembina From Flood
- Sheyenne River Nearing Crest in North Dakota
- HESCO Barriers – a Photo Primer
- Video of Coast Guard Flood Rescue Near Kindred
- Reinforcing the Cottonwood Creek Dam at Lake LaMoure
- Fighting the Flood in Southeast North Dakota
- Guardsmen Returning to Hometowns for Duty
- North Dakota Guard in Action During Flooding
- North Dakota Flooding Update: Cottonwood Creek Dam at Lake LaMoure
- A View From a Soldier Serving in LaMoure
This entry was posted on Saturday, April 11th, 2009 at 11:00 am and is filed under Disasters. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.