FEMA report on Haiti relief efforts for January 15
â€¢ The Toussaint Lâ€™ Ouverture International Airport (Port-au-Prince) is fully operational and can conduct 24 hour operations; it can accommodate C-130, and C-17 aircraft.
â€¢ DOD will conduct a seaport assessment to determine capability later today (January 15).
The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) is the lead U.S. Government (USG) office responsible for providing humanitarian assistance in response to international emergencies and disasters.
â€¢ The NRCC is activated at Level II (24/7) with ESFâ€™s 6 and 9, Logistics, Operations, Planning, and External Affairs activated; LNOâ€™s for DOD, State Department, and US Coast Guard have also been activated. IMAT-West is activated.
â€¢ A FEMA liaison is activated at the State Department.
â€¢ National IMAT-West arrived in Clearwater, FL on January 14 and will move to Port-au-Prince on January 15, 2010.
â€¢ The following U. S. Search and Rescue teams have arrived in Haiti and are conducting operations:
â€¢ Fairfax County, VA – US&R VA-TF1 (Heavy/medium teams, 115 personnel),
â€¢ Los Angeles, CA – US&R CA-TF2 (72 personnel),
â€¢ Miami-Dade, FL – US&R FL-TF1 (82 personnel), and
â€¢ Miami, FL – US&R FL-TF2 (84 personnel)
â€¢ Additional US&R teams have been activated for deployment.
â€¢ US&R Incident Support Team (IST) is activated and staging out of Homestead ARB, FL.
â€¢ Mobile Emergency Response Support (MERS) response:
â€¢ Frederick, MD MERS activated in support of US&R operations and is waiting transportation later today.
â€¢ Thomasville, GA MERS personnel and equipment at Homestead AFB are awaiting transport to Port-au-Prince; 2 USCG C-130s have been loaded with Thomasville equipment and project an AM departure; additional Thomasville MERS equipment and personnel have departed Thomasville and are en route to Homestead ARB.
â€¢ Maynard, MA MERS advance team at Homestead AFB awaiting airlift transportation to Port-au-Prince; Maynard MERS personnel and equipment at McGuire AFB, NJ awaiting airlift transportation to Port-au-Prince and additional Maynard personnel and equipment are en route to Homestead ARB.
â€¢ Thomasville MERS and an advance team from Maynard MERS are staged at Homestead Air Reserve Base awaiting transportation to Haiti. Maynard MERS is en route to Homestead ARB and Frederick MERS is activated in support of US&R operations and awaiting transportation.
â€¢ 100 trailer loads of FEMA commodities and supplies are en route or being loaded with meals, water, blankets, cots, and other life sustaining commodities. Trailers are being staged at Homestead Air Reserve Base, FL and are expected to be at this location by Saturday, January 16.
â€¢ The Incident Staging Base (ISB) Region IV Team is located at Homestead, FL.
Federal Supporting Agencies:
â€¢ Providing $36.6 million in humanitarian assistance. Arrangements for airlift of relief commodities is underway.
â€¢ A Disaster Assistance Response Team (USAID/DART) is deployed to Haiti. A Washington D.C. based Response Management Team activated to support the USAID/DART.
US Coast Guard
â€¢ 11 USCG personnel are in Haiti.
â€¢ 4 USCG vessels have arrived in Haiti; 2 additional vessels are en route.
â€¢ Hospital ship USNS Comfort scheduled to arrive by January 21 to provide a mobile hospital.
â€¢ All relief supplies stored in Panama have been made available.
â€¢ $1 million in funds available for immediate response.
Table of contents for Haiti quake 2010
- Massive earthquake strikes Haiti
- Earthquake in Haiti – aftershocks continue
- Haiti earthquake aid
- Haiti quake damages pile up
- Horror in Haiti – the morning after the quake
- U.S. quickly responds to Haiti quake
- Infrastructure hurdles to Haiti quake relief
- U.S. Coast Guard on location in Haiti right now
- Strong aftershocks continue in Haiti
- PR Guard standing by – Gitmo damaged by Haiti quake
- Paras and Marines on alert for Haiti move
- Earthquake in Haiti update for January 13 evening
- Earthquake in Haiti – January 14 morning update
- Marines ready to assist Haiti after earthquake
- Earthquake in Haiti – Update for January 14 evening
- FEMA report on Haiti relief efforts for January 15
- Out of the night sky – Air Force secures Port-au-Prince airport
- Earthquake in Haiti – January 15 evening
- Haiti Quake Relief Funding Numbers
- But people are dying – thoughts on the Haitian disaster
- Aftershocks continue to rock Haiti
- Earthquake in Haiti – Update for January 16
- Haiti Quake Relief Funding Numbers for Jan 16
- Hospital ship Comfort sails for Haiti
- Baby delivered during Haiti evacuation
- Navy is delivering supplies to Haiti victims
- Hospital ship Comfort racing to Haiti
- Country club serves as forward base for Paras in Haiti
- Situation at Port-au-Prince airport improving
- Sanjay Gupta Assists Vinson Medical Team in Haiti
- USAID Update on the Haiti relief operation January 18
- Air drop to aid Haitian victims of earthquake
- Haiti Quake Relief Funding Numbers for Jan 18
- Earthquake in Haiti – morning update January 19
- Los Angeles rescuers save Haitian woman
- Stories from Haiti – update for Jan 20 morning
- American volunteers in Haiti
- American donations for Haiti earthquake relief – Jan 21
- Haiti earthquake relief update for Jan 21
- Haitians receiving care and support aboard Bataan
- Hospital ship Comfort healing, hugging Haitians
- Brief update on Navy and Marine relief efforts in Haiti Jan 23
- Fort Hood veterinary services unit sent to Haiti
- Harbor damage in Port-au-Prince
- American giving for Haiti relief as of January 25
- Comparison of Haiti donations to Katrina and the tsunami
- Haitian Coast Guard base becomes hub for quake relief
- Comparison of Haiti donations to Katrina and the tsunami Jan 28
- High tech warbird aids Haiti relief efforts
- High-speed ferrys en route to Haiti
- Southern Command briefs on Haiti situation
- Paras opening roads in Haiti
- Aid from Dominican Republic via Kentucky National Guard
- Haitian assistance stories for February 3
- Haitian relief efforts slow
- Marine calls Leogane Haiti home
- Haiti earthquake relief update for February 7
- Army medics at work in Haiti relief effort
- Haiti earthquake relief funding update for February 14
- Keeping Haitians informed
- A tent means a lot to Haitian orphans
- Italian troops aid paras in Haiti rubble clearance
- Landslide in Haiti tests Special Ops rescuers
- Navy and Marines bridge Haitian divide from government
- Haitian earthquake relief – update for February 28
- Haitian earthquake update – March 4
- Air Guard Engineers Help Haitians
- Things are baaaaad in Haiti
the attachments to this post:
This entry was posted on Friday, January 15th, 2010 at 9:05 am and is filed under Disasters. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.